Ago Medical and Educational Center Bicol Christian College of Medicine was established in 1975. The college was founded by Dr. Damaceno J. Ago. The college is located at Legazpi City.
Ago Medical and Educational Center Bicol Christian College of Medicine is the pioneer medical school and it has gained number one in producing the best and brightest medical professionals in the Bicol Region of Philippines. This college is a member of the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges Foundation, it is also an accredited member of the Foundation of the Advancement of International Medical Education and Research. The college is also registered internationally with the World Health Organization.
AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine – Quick Highlights
Given below is the table for quick facts of Ago Medical and Educational Center Bicol Christian College of Medicine :
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fee ( Approx.)||Rs. 2.16 lacs/Year|
|Course Duration||5.5 years|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country – 84
World – 9837
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, CHED and WHO|
Why Study MBBS at AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine?
Following are some of the benefits of studying at the Bicol Christian College of Medicine:
- The college has a vast and rich collection of medical books, journals, and research papers which is most beneficial for the students.
- The faculties at the college are highly experienced and supportive.
- Ago Medical and Educational Center Bicol Christian College of Medicine offers a safe and friendly environment for the students.
- The food and accommodation services are easily available at the college.
- Taking admission to MBBS course at Ago Medical and Educational Center Bicol Christian College of Medicine is easy provided students apply in time.
- The fees for MBBS at Bicol Christian College of Medicine are the lowest among medical colleges in the Philippines.
- The MBBS program in this college is taught in fully English language of instruction.
- Indian food is easily available so students need not cook their own food which saves their lot of time.
AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine- MBBS Syllabus
The syllabus for studying MBBS in Philippines is as follows:
|I year||II Year|
|Gross Anatomy||General Pathology|
|Physiology||Pharmacology and Microbiology|
|Biochemistry||Parapsychology and Clinical pathology|
|Neuro Anatomy||Principle of Medical practice|
|Histology||Preventive Medicine and community Health|
|Preventive medicine & community health||Surgery and Psychiatry|
|Psychiatry||Obstetrics and pediatrics|
|Principle of Medical Practice||–|
|III Year||IV Year|
|Ophthalmology||Pediatrics and Surgery|
|Legal Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Preventive Medicine and Community Health||Psychiatry and Radiology|
|Surgery and Pediatrics||Ophthalmology|
|Obstetrics and Pharmacology||Preventive medicine & Community health|
Student’s Life at AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine
Students enjoy their life at Bicol Christian College of Medicine:
- The AMEC-BCCM University fulfills the basic amenities & other facilities required and it has modern infrastructure.
- The university’s library has a total collection of thirty thousand volumes of books ranging from general works to history.
- The university provides various sports facilities such as chess, badminton court, volleyball, basketball. It also has a theatre, a swimming pool, and an audiovisual center for student’s entertainment and for extra curricular activities.
- Students reside in the dormitories provided by the University. Throughout the tenure of the course, the warden assists the students to enable them study in a conducive environment.
- The hostel is under CCTV surveillance 24/7 and it has all the basic facilities required for living.
Hostel and Accommodation Facilities
The hostel facility at Bicol Christian College of Medicine is as follows:
- For both local and foreign students, student dormitories serve as the residence throughout their academic life at Bicol Christian College of Medicine.
- The dormitories are equipped with well ventilated, furnished and spacious rooms and the hostel is situated on the University campus.
- For students, common recreational areas are provided where they can relax and socialize.
- To settle comfortably in their residence and to utilize their time in studying their lessons and cope-up with the academic demands, the Dormitory-In-Charge assists students.
- Safety and Security policies have been implemented at the university in order to enhance safety, discipline, and security amongst AMEC-BCCM students, teaching and non-teaching personnel.
- The Hostel provides an attached Mess with Dining Hall facility for the students where fresh foods are prepared with all proper hygienic precautions.
Cost of Living at Legazpi
The cost of living at Legazpi city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.21 – Rs.480|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.790 – Rs.800|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.13-14|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.875|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||cost between Rs.7000 – Rs.9,500|
About Legazpi City
Some things to consider about Legazpi city:
- The Legazpi city is located at the southeastern Luzon, Philippines, near an inlet on Albay Gulf.
- Legaspi is a city that has facilities for storing petroleum, and it is the centre of a large abaca-fibre handicraft industry the primary port for a region that exports copra (dried sections of coconut) and abaca (a type of plant).
- Legazpi City had a total population of 182,201 as of 2010, and has a total land area of 153.70 km2 (59.34 sq mi).
- The city of Legazpi has a tropical rainforest climate with plentiful amounts of rainfall in the whole year.
- There are also noticeable drier and wetter periods of the year in Legazpi. The driest month is April in the city.
- Languages spoken in the Legazpi city are Bicolano (specifically Central Bikol and Albay Bikol), Filipino, English, and Lan-nang Chinese.
- Course Name
- Foreign Student
- Total Intake
- Download Url Click
AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine – MBBS Fee Structure 2022
The fee structure for Bicol Christian College of Medicine for MBBS program is:
|Year||16-months||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||3,00,000 Pesos
|Hostel Fees (approx.)||Rs.50,000||Rs.50,000||Rs.50,000||Rs.50,000||Rs.50,000||–|
|Total (approx.)||Rs.4.82 lakhs||Rs.2.66 lakhs||Rs.2.66 lakhs||Rs.2.66 lakhs||Rs.2.66 lakhs||–|
- 1 Philippines Peso = Rs.1.44
- One time expenses (Registration charges), food charges, etc. can be extra up to Rs.70,000/- (or more approximately).
- The above mentioned fees are approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
Following is the eligibility criteria for studying MBBS at AMEC-BCCM:
- An MBBS aspirant must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must have passed all subjects in his/her 12th standard and English is a compulsory subject.
- Students are not required to give any kind of entrance exams such as IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT etc. for admission.
Admission Process for MBBS Course
Following is the admission procedure for MBBS course at AMEC-BCCM:
Step 1: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 2: Attach the documents given below:
- Scanned copy of marksheet of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education
- Results of NEET (Score card)
- Scanned copy of your Passport
Step 3: After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
Step 4: As soon as your visa invitation will be ready, the university will mail you your visa invitation.
Step 5: Stamp your visa in the Embassy, once you receive the visa invitation.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Following documents are required for admission into Bicol Christian Medical College:
- Passport (Having minimum 18 months validity).
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs.
- 10th Mark sheet & Certificate.
- 12th Mark sheet & Certificate.
- Official Invitation letter from the University.
- All documents Authorized from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Embassy’s Legalization for all the documents.
- Visa fees.
- University’s 1st year Tuition fee’s Bank receipt (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents (with negative test results).