In June 1957, the Cebu Institute of Medicine (CIM) was founded, as Cebu Institute of Technology College of Medicine. CIM became a non-profit medical learning institution In 1966. It’s first dean was Dr. Jacinto Velez, Sr.
The Cebu Institute of Medicine was awarded level IV category in March 1987, which was the highest category by the Board of Medical Education. The Commission in Higher Education recognized the Cebu Institute as one of three Centers of Excellence for Medicine in April 1996. The institution became autonomous in September 2001.
Cebu Institute of Medicine got accreditation from the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges & Universities (PAASCU) in 2007 and it again achieved PAASCU Level II Accreditation in December 2011.
Cebu Institute of Medicine has provided excellent doctors to the national and the international health care workforce and this will positively impact the future of health care.
Cebu Institute of Medicine – Quick Highlights 2022
Given below is the table for quick facts about Cebu Institute of Medicine:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September 2022|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||70% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)||Rs. 5.70 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years (with internship)|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 181
World Rank – 12026
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, WHO|
Why Study MBBS at Cebu Institute of Medicine?
Below are some of the benefits of studying at Cebu Institute of Medicine:
- Medio-Social Services of Cebu Institute of Medicine provides practical exposure and hands-on medical training to local health workers.
- I.M. Clinical Epidemiology Unit of Cebu Institute of Medicine which is an affiliate of the Southeast Asian Clinical Epidemiology Network, emphasizes on medical practice through research.
- The university carries out different projects in collaboration with the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development.
- Cebu Institute of Medicine’s Cebu Velez General Hospital (CVGH), is a training hospital is the first friendly private Hospital, which caters to both mother and baby.
- The university has amazing infrastructure with all the required laboratories.
- The MBBS degree from this university is recognized worldwide.
- The medical graduates from this university have a strong and thorough foundation of medicine.
- The institute provides hostel facilities.
- The admission process is quick and easy.
Cebu Institute of Medicine – MBBS Course Duration
Mentioned below is the duration of MBBS course:
- The duration of MBBS course at Cebu Institute of Medicine is 6 yearswhich includes 1 year of internship.
- The MBBS course in the Philippines is divided into BS, MD and internship. BS can take 1.5 to 2 years. MD is nothing but MBBS. Students can start with MD which takes 4 years after completing BS.
Cebu Institute of Medicine – MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Cebu Institute of Medicine is as follows:
|Syllabus For Pre-medical|
|First Term||Second Term||Third Term||Fourth Term|
|-Calculus & Analytical
-Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
-Fundamentals Of Genetics
-Philosophy Of Man
-Education For Sustainable
-Cell And Molecular Biology
-Politics And Governance
|-Rizal’s Life, Works, And Writings
-Econ. / Taxation & Agrarian Reform
-Histology & Micro-technique
-Research In Bio. Sc. (Thesis Writing)
|MBBS (MD) Syllabus|
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
-History Of Medicine
-Preventive And Communicative -Medicine
-General And -Clinical Pathology
-Obstetrics And Gynecology
-Obstetrics and Gynecology
Cebu Institute of Medicine offers some scholarships to students:
- The students of Cebu Institute of Medicine benefit from the different scholarships that the school partnered with private individuals, alumni associations, foundations, and from the school itself.
- There are four types of scholarships at Cebu Institute of Medicine as given below:
- 1. Entrance scholarship that is for 1st year students who graduated with honors in college – summa, magna or cum laude.
- 2. College scholarship is given to anyone who garners 1st and 2nd honor per year level during his/her stay as a medical student in CIM.
- 3. Special scholarship is given for financially-challenged students.
- 4. Special raffle scholarship is given as a raffle prize during the founder’s day celebration of Cebu Institute of Medicine.
Accreditation and Recognition
Cebu Institute of Medicine is recognized and accredited by many important medical bodies in the field of medical education such as:
- World Health Organization
- Indian Medical Council
- Commission of Higher Education, Philippines
Following are the hostel facilities at Cebu Institute of Medicine:
- Cebu Institute of Medicine provides separate accommodation facilities for male as well as female students.
- The rooms of the hostels are well equipped with necessary and high-end facilities.
- The hostel consists of facilities like hot water, heater, electricity, wi-fi facility.
- The hostels are protected with 24×7 security services in the hostel premises. Thus, students feel safe and secure while they stay at the hostel.
- Hostel rooms are equipped with basic furniture like bed, chair, table, cupboard, etc.
Life of Students
The life of students studying MBBS at Cebu Institute of Medicine is as follows:
- The life of MBBS students at Cebu Institute of Medicine can be described as amazing.
- At Cebu Institute of Medicine, while studying the course, students are not just given theoretical knowledge but are taught to apply their learning practically too.
- The institute provides first-class infrastructure with impressive academic facilities to provide a dynamic and clinical grounding for success.
- Students who have successfully completed their MBBS from this institute are leading medical practitioners in different parts of the world.
- Cebu Institute of Medicine and the Cebu (Velez) General Hospital work together to cure the community’s health-related problems.
- Cebu Institute of Medicine has Fully-ventilated classrooms.
- There are three amphitheaters, each with a capacity of 120 students.
- There is a Medical Library with a large variety of books.
- There are Well-furnished laboratories at the university.
- Cebu Institute of Medicine also consists of Conference rooms and a social hall.
Cost of Living at Cebu City
The cost of living at Cebu city is as follows:
|Things of Daily Need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.36 – Rs.617|
|Eating at a Mid Range Restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1845 – Rs.1850|
|One way ticket of any Local Transport||Rs.14|
|A monthly pass for Local Transport||Rs. 605|
|Monthly Rent for a 1 Bedroom Apartment||costs between Rs.20,800 – Rs.38,000|
About Cebu City
Some of the interesting facts about the Cebu city are as follows:
- Cebu city is officially known as City of Cebu.
- It is located on Cebu Island’s eastern coast, and it is protected by offshore Mactan Island and by the inland Cordillera Central.
- Cebu city is a bustling port and is one of the country’s largest cities.
- This city of the Central Visayas Region, Philippines is a 1st class highly urbanized city of the island of Cebu.
- The city has a population of 922,611 people, according to the 2015 census.
- The city is a significant center of trade, commerce, and education in Visayas.
- Cebu city is the main domestic shipping port of the Philippines.
- Cebu City lies 28m above sea level and has a tropical climate.
- Rainfall is significant most months of the year in Cebu city, and the short dry season has little effect.
- The average temperature in Cebu City is 27.5 °C.
- Foreign Student
- Total Intake
- Download Url Click
Cebu Institute of Medicine – MBBS Fee Structure 2022
The fee structure for Cebu Institute of Medicine for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Perticular||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fees in USD (approx.)||10670||7150||5,280||5,280||5,500||–|
|Tuition Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs.7,46,900||Rs.5,00,500||Rs.3,69,600||Rs.3,69,600||Rs.3,85,000||–|
|Hostel Fees in USD (approx.)||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||–|
|Hostel Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs.70,000||Rs.70,000||Rs.70,000||Rs.70,000||Rs.70,000||–|
|Total Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs.8.17 lakhs||Rs.5.70 lakhs||Rs.4.39 lakhs||Rs.4.39 lakhs||Rs.4.55 lakhs||–|
- 1$ = Rs.70
- One time expenses (Registration charges), food charges, etc. can be extra up to Rs.70,000/- (or more approximately).
- The above mentioned fees are approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Cebu Institute of Medicine is as follows:
- An MBBS aspirant (Indian students) must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 85% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. On an average, all the students who wish to take admission for an MBBS course at Cebu Institute of Medicine must have scored 70% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must have passed all subjects in his/her 12th standard and English is a compulsory subject.
- Students are not required to give any kind of entrance exams such as IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT,etc. for admission.
Following is the admission procedure for applying to MBBS course at Cebu Institute of Medicine:
Step 1: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 2: Attach the documents given below:
- Scanned copy of marksheet of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education
- Results of NEET (Score card)
- Scanned copy of your Passport
Step 3: After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
Step 4: As soon as your visa invitation will be ready, the university will mail you your visa invitation.
Step 5: Stamp your visa in the Embassy, once you receive the visa invitation.
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Cebu Institute of Medicine:
- Passport size Photographs
- 10th Mark sheet & Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet & Certificate
- Official Invitation letter from the University
- Passport (Having minimum 18 months validity)
- Birth Certificate
- Application form
- No Criminal Certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Health and Medical Certificate
- Language Proficiency Certificate
Medium of Teaching
At Cebu Institute of Medicine, the medium of teaching is English. For easy understanding by all local as well as international students, all the lectures are delivered in the English language.