Davao Medical School Foundation was the first medical college located in the city of Mindanao and was established in the year of 1976. Davao Medical School Foundation is the best choice for MBBS as the medical aspirants in this university receive clinical training at the southern Philippines medical centre, the broken Shire memorial hospital and San Pedro hospital with 4000 beds.
The admission process of the Davao Medical School Foundation has started and the last date of submitting the applications will be 15th July.
Davao Medical School Foundation – Quick Highlights 2022
Refer the table below for quick facts about Davao Medical School Foundation:
|Intake For MBBS Course||August 2022|
|Neet Examination||Yes, Required|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx)||7350 USD|
|Duration Of MBBS Course||6 Years|
|Medium Of Teaching||English|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 134
World Rank – 18214
|University Recognition||MCI & WHO Approved|
|Degree Awarded||Medical Doctor|
Why Study MBBS at Davao Medical School Foundation?
Following are the benefits of Davao Medical School Foundation:
- Davao Medical School University ranked at 134th position among top medical universities of the Philippines.
- MCI & WHO recognized medical colleges.
- Davao Medical School University has English medium of teaching.
- Good connection with the worldwide reputed medical universities.
- Safe place to study MBBS course.
- Problem-based learning methodology.
- Focus on developing the practical skill of the student.
- The university provides human and integral health sciences education and services with an emphasis on primary health care in the complementation of instruction, research, patient, community health care and community engagement.
Davao Medical School Foundation – MBBS Course Duration
MBBS course duration is of 6 years :
Davao Medical School Foundation is providing all international and local students of the Philippines with 6 years. The duration of a medical degree in the Philippines is 6 years which includes 5 years of mbbs course and 1 year of internship.
Davao Medical School Foundation – MBBS Syllabus
Syllabus of md program at Davao Medical School Foundation is given below:
|Syllabus For Pre-medical|
|First Term||Second Term||Third Term||Fourth Term|
|-Calculus & Analytical
-Comparative vertebrate anatomy
-Fundamentals of genetics
-Philosophy of man
-Education for sustainable
-Cell and molecular biology
-Politics and governance
|-Rizal’s life, works, and writings
-Econ. taxation & agrarian reform
-Histology & micro-technique
-Research in bio. sc. (thesis writing) immunology
|MBBS (MD) Syllabus|
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
-History of medicine
-Preventive and Communicative Medicine -Bioethics
-General and -Clinical Pathology
-Obstetrics and Gynecology
-Obstetrics and Gynecology
Courses Offered at Davao Medical School Foundation
Following are faculties of medicine of Davao Medical School Foundation:
- Bachelor of Science in Biology(bs)
- Doctor of Medicine (m.d.)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (dmd)
- Master in Health Professionals Education(mhped)
- Master in Community Health(mch)
- Master in Participatory Development(mpd)
- Bachelor of Science in Midwifery
Cost of Living in Mindanao
The expenses of living in Mindanao are given below:
|Particulars||Approx Range in USD||Approx Range in INR|
|Accommodation (other than a hostel)||12,825.00 ₱||rs 17,500|
|Food||147.50 ₱||rs 140|
|Transport||8.00 ₱||rs 11.2|
Note: Philippino peso = inr 1.41
Hostel and Accommodation
Davao Medical School Foundation provides the facilities of accommodation and mess for students:
- Hostels provide homely comfort to all medical aspirants coming from different parts of the world to pursue their dreams.
- Affordable hostel system with fully furnished rooms.
- All essential amenities including internet access, tv and telephone.
- Hostels are on a sharing basis like bathrooms and kitchens.
- 24×7 hostel security
- Reading rooms and gyms are available in the hostel.
- Different hostels are provided to indian students and indian food is prepared by an indian cook.
About Davao City
Davao city, also known as southern mindanao, situated at the southeastern part of mindanao.
people’s park in the centre of davao city is known for its colourful sculptures and lighted fountains-a home to durian done which is named after the pungent, spiky fruit that grows in large amounts in mindanao, and the davao river cuts through the city.
Here are some best places near Davao city:
- Cebu City
- Foreign Student
- Total Intake
- Download Url Click
Davao Medical School Foundation – MBBS Fee Structure 2022
Following table shows the fee structure of studying MBBS at Davao Medical School Foundation, Philippines:
|Particulars||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
|Hostel Fee||$ 2250||$ 2600||$ 2600||$ 2600||$ 2600|
|Visa Fee||N.A||$ 920$||$ 920$||$ 920$||$ 920|
|Total Fees||$ 7350||$ 8620||$ 8620||$ 8620||$ 8620|
- The tuition fee should be paid only in US dollars.
- usd to peso and inr to usd will be calculated as per bank actual rate real-time
- indian students can also apply for premium hostel facilities
Students have to set in the following eligibility criteria to get admission to Philippines for MBBS:
- 18 years of age
- Pass out from 12th grade
- ST/SC- minimum of 60% required
- Reserved category – minimum of 50% in pcb
- Compulsory neet exam
follow these steps to take admission in Philippines for MBBS:
Step 1: The student should submit the application to the chairman of the committee with the above documents to the secretary.
Step 2: An orientation program is conducted for the applicants and their parents/guardian.
Step 3: An interview will be conducted by the scholarship committee.
Step 4: Once the students are selected, he/she should sign the contract of the scholarship.
Students need to have the following documents for the admission process:
- Academic documents of 11th and 12th
- Birth certificate
- Neet report card
- 4 passport size photos
- Visa fee payment receipt
- 1st-year tuition fee payment receipt
- Document of medical fitness