Lyceum Northwestern University was founded in 1969 in the city of Dagupan, Philippines. Mrs. Florencia Tiongson Duque and Dr. Francisco Quimson Duque was the founder of the university. MBBS in Lyceum Northwestern University offers a 6-year course in medicine for the students who want to pursue MBBS in Abroad.
The university is situated 230 km away from Manila International Airport. Around more than 2000 foreign students are studying MBBS at Lyceum Northwestern University. Out of which 250+ are the Indian students.
Due to the balanced academic curriculum, the university has been listed in the world directory of medical schools. The university emphasis on producing compassionate, knowledgeable, highly competent professionals to enhance the skills of students to become a doctor.
Lyceum Northwestern University: Quick Highlights
Refer the table below for quick overview about Lyceum Northwestern University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||October 2022|
|Duration of MBBS Course||5.5 years (including internship)|
|Tuition Fee (Per Year)||Rs. 3,00,000|
|Medium of Teaching||English language|
|Recognition||MCI & WHO approved|
|University Ranking||Country – 154
World – 11464
Why Study MBBS at Lyceum Northwestern University?
Following are the advantages of studying MBBS in Lyceum Northwestern University:
- Low tuition fees.
- No language barrier.
- Internationally recognized MD curriculum.
- 300+ Indian students.
- Quality standard of education.
Lyceum Northwestern University: MBBS Duration
The duration of studying the entire medical program at Lyceum-Northwestern University is 5.6 years:
- Candidates should complete 5 and half years of full-time MBBS education provided to all international students.
- During medical course education the first 16 months are dedicated for the pre-medical course, focusing on building a foundation for a strong medical education.
- And the next 4 years focuses on core medicine and clinical rotation.
- The renowned professors also focus on practical knowledge along with theoretical.
- The medical aspirants should also complete 1 year of mandatory internship at the end of the program.
MBBS Syllabus (2022-23): At Lyceum Northwestern University
The MBBS syllabus for Lyceum Northwestern University is shown in the table below:
|MBBS (MD) Syllabus|
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
|-Histology||-General and -Clinical Pathology||-Surgery-2||-Medicine|
|-History of Medicine||-Pharmacology||-Radiology||-Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|-Preventive and Communicative -Medicine||-Pediatrics-1||-Neuroscience-3|
|-Neuroscience 2||-Advanced Pathology|
|-Psychiatry||-Obstetrics and Gynecology|
Medium of Teaching
The medium of instruction at the Lyceum-Northwestern University is the English language:
The students coming from the corners of the world for medical education don’t face any language barrier in university campus as Lyceum-Northwestern University conducts MBBS education in the English language.
Accreditation and Recognition
Lyceum-Northwestern University is officially accredited and recognised by several medical bodies:
- Lyceum-Northwestern University is approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Lyceum-Northwestern University is listed in IMED Directory
- Medico Educational Council for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Listed in the WHO Directory of Medical Universities
Living Cost at Dagupan city
|Particulars||Cost in Rs.|
|Rent Per Month (approx)||Rs.15,000-20,000|
|Transportation (approx)||Rs. 60-500|
|Foods (approx)||Rs. 20-500|
About Dagupan City
Lyceum-Northwestern University is located in Dagupan City:
- Dagupan city is located in the Philippines.
- The city is situated on the northwest-central part of the island of Luzon.
- It is the politically independent city represented by the legislative district.
- Dagupan is an independent city with a population of about 180,000 inhabitants.
- The city is a major commercial and Financial Centre in the North of the Philippines.
- It’s a quiet and lush green city with an excellent average temperature of 22 to 32-degree Celsius, providing a great atmosphere for the students.
The Dagupan city is a great tourist attraction place, check out the top visiting places:
- Tondaligan Road
- Dagupan City Museum
- Metropolitan Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist
- Bonuan Beach
- Tondaligan Children’s Park
- Saints Peter & Paul Parish Church – Calasiao
- Binmaley Beach
- Lingayen Beach
- Our Lady of Purification Parish
- Binmaley Museum
- Foreign Student
- Total Intake
- Download Url Click
Lyceum Northwestern University: MBBS Fee Structure 2022
The reasonable cost for medicine course at Lyceum-Northwestern University will never make you sense distressed with an educational budget:
|Academic year||Fee amount in PHP||Fee amount in INR|
|Pre-medical (BS) Biology||5,00,000||7,50,000|
- Tuition fee and accommodation should be paid in Philippines Peso
- Hostel fee should be paid year wise
- PHP to INR conversion rate – 1.50 (Approx)
Applicant who wants to study medicine at Lyceum Northwestern University must follow the below eligibility criteria:
- Applicant’s age must be in between 17 to 25 years.
- Applicants must clear the higher secondary examinations like the 10+2 exam.
- Applicants should have taken subjects like physics, chemistry. Biology and mathematics during the course of study.
- Minimum percentage should be 50% for General category & 45% for reserved category students.
Admission Process (2022-23)
Following is the basic admission scenario required for MBBS admission to Lyceum Northwestern University:
Step 1: Fill the application form online on the university’s portal.
Step 2: Submit the required documents & wait for the application review process.
Step 3: The process takes 10-15 days for review & approval.
Step 4: An eligible student will get an official invitation letter from the institute.
Step 5: Apply for the visa.
Documents Required: Applying for MBBS Course
Before MBBS admission to Lyceum Northwestern University, applicants need to produce notarized copies of the following documents:
- Copy of passport
- Copy of Mark Sheets
- Copy of Birth certificate
- NEET report card
- Application form
- Medical certificate
- Passport size photographs