About Osh State University
The Osh State University was founded May 24, 1951 as Osh Pedagogical State Institute. He obtained the status of University on June 17, 1992. The city of Osh offers a unique environment for the urban campus of OshSU. Osh State Medical University is a public medical institute located in Osh, Kyrgyzstan. It was opened in 1992 following the reorganization of the Osha State Pedagogical Institute of Osh State University. Osh State Medical University prepares medical professionals in general practice and pediatrics. In recent times, 28911 students study at the Osh State University, as well as about 1000 students from other countries, such as India, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine,Turkey, Syria, Iran, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. The education medium is in English and Russian. The State Medical University of Osh has been active in helping students make the necessary adjustments to university life. The State University of Osh offers reliable faculties for students to fully express their intellectual and scientific abilities. The Gymnasium and the Cultural Center offer brilliant opportunities for students to practice sports and participate in cultural life.
Osh State University: Quick Highlights 2022
For MBBS admission, one must explore some important facts of the Osh State University:
|Last Date to Apply||September, 2022|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 2.50 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Teaching||English language|
|University Ranking||Country – 8
World – 8915
|University Recognition||MCI, WHO accredited|
Why Study MBBS at Osh State University?
Let’s dive into the benefits to pursue a medical career in Osh State University:
- Osh State University taught the medicine course in English language for Foreign Students
- High standard professional Medical Education
- They follows the European / Russian curriculum of MD
- An affordable tuition fees
- An ideal academic environment
- Comfortable Hostel is provided
- Osh State Medical University has trained foreign students from more than twenty countries.
Osh State University: MBBS Course Duration
The duration for studying MBBS at Osh State Medical University is mentioned below:
- The course duration for MBBS course at Osh State Medical University is 5-years. (From academic intake 2018 duration for the General Medicine program has been reduced to 5 years.) The students are focused on basic medical sciences and clinical studies, throughout the program.
- Along with theory, the students must focus on the hands-on training conducted at the hospitals or clinics affiliated to the Universities.
Osh State Medical University: MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Osh State Medical University is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
4th -6th Year
|Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology|
Note: The last year of the MBBS course in Osh State University, Kyrgyzstan entirely focuses on the hands-on training of the students. Hence, students can apply for a job anywhere around the world after they clear the major medical examinations, once the students graduate from university.
Medium of Teaching
Osh State Medical University offers an English medium of instructions during lectures:
- For international students studying at this university the courses are taught in the English language.
- Whereas local students always prefer studying in Russian language. So it would be easy for all local as well as international students.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Osh State Medical University is registered and cooperates with many leading international institutions:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Accommodation and Hostel Facilities
Osh State Medical University advises choosing dormitory options for first years students, Additional information about hostel mentioned below:
- For boys and girls, there are separate hostels. Basic services such as a dining room and a common room with entertainment options such as television, play areas, gym are available for all students.
- Hostel rules are very strict and students must be within the established deadline. Without the previous permission of the principal, they are not allowed to leave the shelter during the weekly holidays.
- Separate hours are assigned to visitors.
- For the most part, food is served at set times in the dining room. Students are not allowed to take food in their rooms.
- Indian meals are available in hostels
Life of Students at Osh State Medical University
Students studying at Osh State Medical University live an excellent, healthy, and happy life. The university pays great attention towards mental and physical fitness of the students, along with studies:
- Students are actively engaged in a broad array of cultural, social, academic, and political organizations.
- The University helps students to adjust to life in Osh as well as to the University.
- Students are provided with a gymnasium and cultural center so that they can actively participate in sports and cultural life.
- The famous Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi, Eid, etc. are celebrated at the University with a lot of enthusiasm and vigor.
- In April of every year, facilities like the Cricket Tournament are organized for international students.
- Osh State University is located in the heart of the city and it is perfectly connected to all parts of the city and thus it is very convenient for students.
- Osh city has an abundance of historic sites, so students can be busy with sightseeing or a vast selection of theatres, museums, galleries, and exhibitions.
- Osh State University provides facilities such that students can express their scientific and intellectual capabilities to the fullest.
Cost of Living at Osh City
The approximate costs of the things of daily need and goods and services in the Osh city are given below:
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs. 928 – Rs. 1000|
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs. 19 – Rs. 410|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs. 12|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs. 753|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Cost between Rs. 10245 – Rs. 12105|
Osh State University: International Relations
The Osh State Medical university provides training in a wide range of study areas including Law, Medicine, Education, Social Work, Economics, International Relations:
- Osh State Medical university is a member of the International Association of Universities (1995, France) and European Association of International Education (1997, Netherlands).
- OSU has also been active in networking projects of such programs as INTAS, CEP, TEMPUS-TACIS, NISSCUP, IREX, ACCELS, DAAD, and regarding international focus, it cooperates with more than 90 higher education institutions, public sectors, Embassies, various foundations, and Diplomatic Representatives of near and distant foreign countries.
- Today, in the framework of different international educational programs, about 100 OSU students study in the USA, Germany, Japan, Turkey, and South Korea.
- 14 graduates from Osh State Medical University, study at Master’s level programs, 6 post-graduates are in programs of doctoral studies leading to PhD degrees in such abroad countries as the USA, Germany, Canada, Turkey and Pakistan.
- As the university has maintained relationships with other universities and institutes across the world, students can go to the American medical institute and study for the remaining term through the student exchange program offered by the University.
About Osh City
Below are some noticeable things and facts about Osh city:
- Osh is known as a student city, it is a center of education, technology, and science.
- Osh city is the second-largest city in Kyrgyzstan.
- The city is a mountainous city and it is located in the heart of the historically famous Ferghana valley.
- Osh is separated from Bishkek by high mountain ranges, it is the administrative center of the southwestern Kyrgyzstan and capital of the Osh province, near the border with Uzbekistan.
- The city of Osh has an ethnically mixed population of about 281,900 as of the reports for the year 2017.
- There are a lot of places for entertainment and refreshment activities in Osh city, swimming pools, sports centers, winter sports center with skiing tracks and other winter sports, billiard clubs, a sports stadium, a number of cinemas with the latest English, Russian and Indian movies.
- The Osh city lies 978m above sea level. Generally, the Osh city has a cold and temperate climate. The winters have more rains than the summers in Osh.
- The average annual temperature in Osh city is 11.7 °C.
- Kyrgyz and Russian are the two most widely spoken languages of Kyrgyzstan.
- Foreign Student
- Total Intake
- Download Url
Osh State University: MBBS Fee Structure
Osh State Medical University is Kyrgyzstan’s one of the top medical universities which allow students to secure an MBBS degree at an affordable tuition fee structure:
|Particular||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fee (approx.)||$3200||$3200||$3200||$3200||$3200||$3200|
|Medical + Insurance + Registration Fee (approx.)||$600||–||–||–||–||–|
|Total (USD) (approx.)||$4800||$4200||$4200||$4200||$4200||$4200|
|Fees in Indian Rupees (approx.)||Rs.3.36 Lakhs||Rs.2.94 Lakhs||Rs.2.94 Lakhs||Rs.2.94 Lakhs||Rs.2.94 Lakhs||Rs.2.94 Lakhs|
- Application, visa, flight tickets, food charges, etc. will be extra up to Rs.80,000/- to Rs.1,00,000/- (or more approximately).
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
Students must fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria for studying MBBS at Osh State Medical University:
- The mbbs aspirants must be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The students must clear the NEET exam as it is mandatory for those coming from India.
- The aspirant should be a high-school graduate or he/she must hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The aspirant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 and 40% if the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC.
Admission Process in Osh State University
To secure admission in one of the top medical universities in Kyrgyzstan like Osh State Medical University, students must follow the instructions given below:
Step 1: Students who want to secure admission at the Osh State Medical university must fill the online application form along with all the required documents.
Step 2: The applications sent by the students are reviewed by the university and then they need to deposit the fees into the university’s bank account.
Step 4: The immigration procedure of students will begin once their admission is confirmed. Once students receive the invitation letter from the university, they should visit the Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic. After this, the university receives a ministry order and it issues an invitation letter to the students as well.
Step 5: The visa approval takes nearly 30 days after all the above procedures are completed.
Step 6: Once the fee is cleared, the day and date of departure of applicants are planned and finalized.
Following documents are required from the students at the time of admission:
- Copies of 10th & 12th Education Certificates.
- Birth Certificate.
- NEET Score Card.
- A valid Indian Passport (Front Main Page of Passport (having min 2 years of validity)).
- School Leaving Certificate.
- Recent passport size colored photographs – 20 copies.
- Parents undertaking.
- Migration and Transfer Certificates.
- Medical Insurance and Certificate.