About St. Paul University Philippines, Philippines
St. Paul University Philippines is a private non-profit coeducational Basic and Higher education institution in the Philippines established in 1907. It is a Roman Catholic research university.
It is the only University among the schools of the SPC Sisters in the Philippines, that offers basic education to graduate school programs. This university is one of 40 schools owned, managed, and operated by the Sisters of Saint Paul of Chartres (SPC) in the Philippines.
Based on a selective admission policy, based on entrance examinations and students’ past academic record and grades, this 112 year old institution has over 7000 undergraduates from different countries around the globe.
St. Paul University Philippines: Quick Highlights
Given below is the table for quick facts about St. Paul University Philippines:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September 2022|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||70% in PCB|
|NEET Examination||Yes, Required|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approx)||Rs.3.92 Lakhs/Year|
|Duration of MBBS Course||6 years (with internship)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 90
World Rank – 10070
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, WHO|
Why Study MBBS at St. Paul University Philippines?
Below are some of the benefits of studying at St.Paul University Philippines that will make you realize how your decision of studying at this university is correct, some of them are:
- The St. Paul University Philippines is dedicated to research as a means to attain excellence and quality in the delivery of its educational services.
- The university has an inclusive and welcoming campus that the students will not face any difficulty in adjusting.
- The university has also deployed collaborations with the international community to engage globally by way of student exchange programs, research and publication activities, strategic partnerships, and other academic service learning projects and special programs.
- The university has a huge extensively maintained library well stocked with latest books and publications in the field of medical science.
- The campus of this university has all the premium world class facilities, like laboratories and classrooms to equip the graduates with the necessary competencies needed to compete in the national and global arena.
- Other facilities include Canteens and cafeterias, with snacks, meals, and school supplies, free medical and dental check-up.
St. Paul University Philippines: MBBS Course Duration
Mentioned below is the duration of MBBS course:
- The duration of MBBS course at St. Paul University Philippines is 6 years which includes 1 year of internship.
- The MBBS course in the Philippines is divided into 3 stages like BS, MD and internship. BS can take 1.5 to 2 years.
- MD is nothing but MBBS. After completing BS, students can start with MD which takes 4 years.
St. Paul University Philippines: MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at St. Paul University Philippines is as follows:
|Syllabus For Pre-Medical|
|First Term||Second Term||Third Term||Fourth Term|
|-Calculus & Analytical
-Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
-Fundamentals Of Genetics
-Philosophy Of Man
-Education For Sustainable
-Cell And Molecular Biology
-Politics And Governance
|-Rizal’s Life, Works, And Writings
-Econ. / Taxation & Agrarian Reform
-Histology & Micro-technique
-Research In Bio. Sc. (Thesis Writing)
|MBBS (MD) Syllabus|
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
-History Of Medicine
-Preventive And Communicative -Medicine
-General And -Clinical Pathology
-Obstetrics And Gynecology
-Obstetrics and Gynecology
Students need to fulfill the below given eligibility criteria to study MBBS at St. Paul University Philippines:
- A student must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student who wants to take admission to the MBBS course at St.Paul University must have passed all subjects in his/her 12th standard with English as a compulsory subject.
- For admission, students are not required to give any kind of entrance exams such as IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT,etc.
- The age of the applicants must be in between 17 and 25 years.
How to Take Admission at St. Paul University Philippines?
Following is the admission process for applying to MBBS course at St. Paul University Philippines:
Step 1: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 2: Attach the documents given below:
- Copy of marksheet of completion of higher secondary education/ tertiary education (Scanned copy)
- Results of NEET (Score card)
- Scanned copy of your Passport
Step 3: Students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request from the respective university, after fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance.
Step 4: The university will mail you your visa invitation, as soon as your visa invitation is ready.
Step 5: Once you receive the visa invitation, stamp your visa in the Embassy.
Following documents are demanded from students by the university at the time of admission:
- 10th Marksheet & Certificate
- 12th Marksheet & Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Enrollment form
- NEET mark sheet
- Official Invitation letter from the University
- Original Passport (Having minimum 18 months validity)
- No Criminal Certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Health and Medical Certificate (including Quarantine report)
- Passport size Photographs
- Language Proficiency Certificate
Medium of Teaching
The medium of instruction at St. Paul University Philippines is English:
- At St.Paul University, the medium of teaching is English.
- As the Philippines is English speaking country, the medium of education is English. So it would be easy for all local as well as international students.
St.Paul University offers several scholarships to students which are given based on the below mentioned criterias:
- Students with exceptionally high average grade scores, or with other notable accomplishments in art, science, or sports may receive additional points.
- Students with disabilities can get scholarships.
- Based on the financial background of students.
- Based on service provided for libraries, labs, etc.
Accreditation and Recognition
St.Paul University Philippines is recognized and accredited by many important medical bodies in the field of medical education such as:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Indian Medical Council (MCI)
- Medical Board California
- General Medical Council – UK
- Commission on Higher Education, Philippines
Hostel & Accommodation
The St.Paul University Philippines provides the best accommodation facilities for the convenience of students and they are:
- The St. Paul University Philippines offers double and triple sharing rooms for accommodation facilities of students at the university.
- The rooms are well-furnished with an attached bathroom.
- There are shared kitchens as well that provide the facility of self cooking for students.
- Students should follow the rules of the hostel and timings.
- There are also amenities provided at the hostel like WiFi, laundry, choice of Ac or Non – AC rooms, etc.
Life of Student’s
Apart from providing excellent and quality education, the university takes care of students’ mental and physical fitness and helps them to live a happy and healthy life:
- The university focuses on extra curricular activities along with studies.
- It is the home of the best athletes and artists in the region, and the university consistently sends athletes to national sports competitions and artists in national culture and the arts festivals representing the whole region.
- At St.Paul University, every year, each college/department holds intramural with sports as the main activity.
- Similarly, to establish companionship among the eight satellites of the university, there are university-wide sports competitions conducted yearly.
- The University organizes special services for students such as academic support programs, cultural programs, programs for music and sports development, etc.
- The programs for this type include short term courses, tutoring, workshops, and individual academic session development skills, etc.
Cost of Living at Tuguegarao City
The cost of living at Tuguegarao city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.22 – Rs.400|
|Eating at a Mid-Range Restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.3000 – Rs.3010|
|One Way Ticket of any Local Transport||Rs. 22|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs. 620|
|Monthly Rent for a 1 Bedroom Apartment||costs between Rs.9,000 – Rs.20,000|
About Tuguegarao City
Some of the interesting facts about the Tuguegarao city are as follows:
- The main entry to the Province of Cagayan is Tuguegarao City.
- It lies in the south central tip of the province and has a total area of 144.80 sq. km.
- It is about 65 minutes by air travel and about 10 hours by land, through the Philippine-Japan Friendship Highway, which is the region’s trunk line road and which runs parallel to the Cagayan Riverapproximately 483 kilometers north of Manila.
- According to the census of 2015, it has a population of 153,502 people, which makes it the most populous city in Cagayan Valley and Northeastern Luzon.
- Tuguegarao city experiences a tropical climate, with only a slight difference between summer and winter temperatures, and the city has high year-round humidity.
- The average temperature during March and April is 38 °C which is one of the highest in the country. And the average annual temperature is 27 °C.
- Course Name
- Foreign Student
- Total Intake
- Download Url Click
St. Paul University Philippines: MBBS Fee Structure 2022
The fee structure for St.Paul University Philippines for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Year||Pre-Medicine 18 Months||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|BS Program||MD Program|
|Tuition Fees in USD (approx.)||7985||4500||4500||4500||4500|
|Tuition Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs. 5,59,000||Rs. 3,15,000||Rs. 3,15,000||Rs. 3,15,000||Rs.3,15,000|
|Hostel Fees in USD (approx.)||1,100||1,100||1,100||1,100||1,100|
|Hostel Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs. 77,000||Rs. 77,000||Rs. 77,000||Rs. 77,000||Rs. 77,000|
|Total Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs. 6.36 lakhs||Rs. 3.92 lakhs||Rs. 3.92 lakhs||Rs. 3.92 lakhs||Rs. 3.92 lakhs|
- 1$ = Rs.70
- One time expenses (Registration charges), food charges, etc. can be extra up to Rs.70,000/- (or more approximately).
- The fees mentioned here are approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.