The University of Santo Tomas is the best choice to pursue MBBS which is located in the Manila city, Philippines and established in the year 1611.
The University of Santo Tomas is featuring a mix of modern and historic buildings. It’s one of the top 5 universities in the Philippines and ranked among the top 2500 universities worldwide, owing more than 100 years of quality education.
The University of Santo Tomas offers a wide range of bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degree programs as well as secondary education programs.
The admission process of University of Santo Tomas will start from August 2020 and the last date of submitting the applications will be September.
University of Santo Tomas – Quick Overview
The Following table given below are the quick highlights of the University of Santo Tomas:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September 2022|
|NEET Examination||Yes, Required|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approx)||3,000 USD|
|Duration of MBBS Course||6 years|
|Medium of Teaching||English language|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 5
World Rank -2533
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, WHO|
|Degree Awarded||Medical Doctor|
Why Study MBBS at the University of Santo Tomas?
Following are the benefits to pursue MBBS in University of Santo Tomas:
- Students are now moving to the University of Santo Tomas to pursue a degree in medicine as the university is providing an affordable fee structure.
- The University of Santo Tomas has a huge network of international relations and partnership with different universities.
- The University of Santo Tomas is having sufficient modern infrastructure to make the student life, especially the international ones, comfortable.
- The teaching staff at the University of Santo Tomas is extremely talented and highly qualified.
- They strive to produce quality professions with the aid of modern teaching techniques.
- The University of Santo Tomas provides an English medium of instruction.
- The University of Santo Tomas comprises an online library, databases, and ebooks.
MBBS Course Duration – University of Santo Tomas
The course duration of MBBS in the Philippines is 6 years:
MBBS degree’s duration at the University of Santo Tomas is 6 years, First 2 years of MBBS course includes a Bachelor of Science(BS) course leading to the NMAT (National Medical Aptitude Test) and after clearing the NMAT you will be eligible for Doctor of Medicine(MD) course.
University of Santo Tomas – MBBS Syllabus
The syllabus for MBBS course in University of Santo Tomas is shown in the table below:
|Syllabus For Pre-Medical|
|First Term||Second Term||Third Term||Fourth Term|
|-Calculus & Analytical
-Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
-Fundamentals Of Genetics
-Philosophy Of Man
-Education For Sustainable
-Cell And Molecular Biology
-Politics And Governance
|-Rizal’s Life, Works, And Writings
-Econ. / Taxation & Agrarian Reform
-Histology & Micro-technique
-Research In Bio. Sc. (Thesis Writing)
|MBBS (MD) Syllabus|
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
-History Of Medicine
-Preventive And Communicative -Medicine
-General And -Clinical Pathology
-Obstetrics And Gynecology
Accreditation and Recognition
Following are the accreditation and recognition of University of Santo Tomas:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- The Medical Council of India (MCI)
Hostel & Accommodation
The University of Santo Tomas provides the hostel of accommodation facilities for students:
- The University of Santo Tomas has a great infrastructure with all facilities.
- Hostels provide homely comfort to all medical aspirants coming from different parts of the world to pursue their dreams.
- Affordable hostel system with fully furnished rooms.
- All essential amenities including Internet access, TV and telephone.
- Hostels are on sharing bases like bathrooms and kitchens.
- 24×7 hostel security.
- Common kitchen room.
- Reading rooms and gyms are available in the hostel.
- Different hostels are provided to Indian students and Indian food is prepared by an Indian cook.
Cost of Living in Manila
The expenses of living in the Manila city are given below:
|Particulars||Approx Range in USD||Approx Range in RS|
|Accommodation (other than a hostel)||390 USD||Rs 27,300|
|Food||208 USD||Rs 14,560|
|Transport||26 USD||Rs 1,820|
About Manila City
University of Santo Tomas is situated in Manila city, Philippines-The island country of Southeast Asia in the western Pacific Ocean. Manila, the most popular Quezon city and the Philippines is an archipelagic country consisting of 7,641 islands.
Here are some tourist spots and attracting places of the Philippines:
- Rizal Park
- Fort Santiago
- San Agustin Church
- Manila Ocean Park
- The Minor Basilica and Metropolitan Cathedral
- Casa Manila
- Paco Park
- Course Name
- Foreign Student
- Total Intake
- Download Url Click
University of Santo Tomas – MBBS Fee Structure 2023
The following table shows the fee structure of Universities of Santo Tomas, BS+MD course:
|First-Year (BS)||2,10,000 INR|
|Second-Year (BS)||2,10,000 INR|
|First-Year (MD)||2,62,500 INR|
|Second-Year (MD)||2,62,500 INR|
|Third-Year (MD)||2,62,500 INR|
|Fourth-Year (MD)||2,62,500 INR|
|Total Fees||14,70,000 INR|
Following are the eligibility criteria for admission into the MD program:
- The applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree in Arts or Science.
- Applicants must clear the National Medical Admissions Test.
- Submit the application form along with all academic documents.
- Graduation certificate.
- English proficiency certificate.
- Mark sheet copies that have been authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in the student’s country of origin.
- A passport copy.
- Eligibility Certificate.
Follow these steps to take admission in the University of Santo Tomas for MBBS course:
Step 1: You should fill in the Application form available online.
Step 2: Then, he/she should send the filled-in Application together with the copies of the documents, necessary for the acquisition of the student’s status.
Step 3: After receiving the application, the university will arrange a Skype interview with the applicant, to confirm that the potential students meet all the necessary admission requirements and then only they will send a conditional offer letter.
Step 4: The applicant should pay the initial tuition fee, after receiving a conditional offer letter. Then the university will send a Fee Acknowledgement letter after this.
Step 5: Students should then fulfil the necessary procedures for granting student visas.
The eligible candidate is required to submit an application form along with the following documents:
- Certificate of graduation
- Certificate of English Proficiency test
- Original copies of mark sheets that have been authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in the student’s country of origin
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Passport Copy
- NBI clearance
- Medical Certificate
- Copy of Application form