The Visayan institute was founded by the late Don Vicente Gullas in 1919 in Cebu City which later became the University of the Visayas in 1948. With the approval of the Ministry of Education, Culture, and Sports, UV Gullas College of Medicine was established in the year 1977.
It has an environment that is most conducive to learning. The college has its campus in Cebu. The college is at the central location and thus it is accessible by all means of land transportation.
The UV Gullas College of Medicine has an excellent atmosphere for learning and medical practice.
Gullas College of Medicine – Quick Highlights
Given below is the table for quick highlights about Gullas College of Medicine:
|Intake for MBBS Course||June, 2022|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Ranking||Country – 137
World – 11176
|Course Duration||5 years|
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, WHO, listed in WDOMS|
|Medium of Education||English Language|
Benefits of Studying at Gullas College of Medicine
The benefits of studying MBBS at UV Gullas college of medicine are given below:
- At UV Gullas college of Medicine, American Standard is achievable and affordable too.
- The UV Gullas college of Medicine creates a well-established platform for USMLE.
- UV Gullas college of medicine provides one to one care for all international students.
- Indian food is available, so students feel like home at the college.
- The college has an affordable tuition fee and installment mode is available for students.
- For special care of international students, the international students office is available for special assistance & dedicated service.
- Students do not face any language problems, since English is the medium of instruction & 99% of the population of Cebu speaks English.
- The college has a friendly and healthy environment for students.
- At the campus of Gullas college, there are 1400 plus Indian students studying medicine.
- The college provides regular interaction between Students & Parents on a daily basis.
- The college provides hostels with comfortable facilities and safe living.
- The syllabus of the college is US based and the time duration is optimal, only 5.5 years.
MBBS Syllabus – Gullas College of Medicine
The syllabus for studying MBBS in Philippines at UV Gullas College of Medicine is as follows:
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Gross Anatomy||General Pathology||General Medicine||Medicine|
|Physiology||Pharmacology and Microbiology||Ophthalmology||Pediatrics and Surgery|
|Biochemistry||Parapsychology and Clinical pathology||Legal Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Neuro Anatomy||Principle of Medical practice||Preventive Medicine and Community Health||Psychiatry and Radiology|
|Histology||Preventive Medicine and community Health||Surgery and Pediatrics||Ophthalmology|
|Preventive medicine & community health||Surgery and Psychiatry||Obstetrics and Pharmacology||Preventive medicine & Community health|
|Psychiatry||Obstetrics and pediatrics||–||Anesthesiology|
|Principle of Medical Practice||–||–||–|
Gullas College of Medicine – Ranking 2020
According to 4icu.org, the ranking of Gullas College of Medicine is as follows:
Courses Offered at Gullas College of Medicine
Following are the courses at UV Gullas college of medicine:
|Anatomy and Surgery||Biochemistry|
|Therapeutics and Pharmacology||Ophthalmology|
|Preventive and Social Medicine||Clinical Research|
|Pathology and Microbiology||Internal Medicine|
|Pediatrics||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Dentistry and Nursing||–|
Student Life at Gullas College of Medicine
Life of students at Gullas College of Medicine is as follows:
- To enhance study with a peaceful mind the student is offered with the fulfilled necessities at UV Gullas College of Medicine.
- Students get an on-campus hostel to stay, and Indian delicacies are available for the students. So students also need not compromise on their food.
- At Gullas College of Medicine, the academic and moral training acquired by the students enable the better accessibility to the high standard education.
- The UV Gullas college develops the academic and moral values in the students to enable the better accessibility to the high standard education.
- The college offers various training of international standards.
- At the UV Gullas college of medicine, every professor is trained, skilled, knows english and are from different parts of the world.
- The educational system at the Gullas college of medicine in Philippines focuses on practical exposure rather than theory.
- The indian students become comfortable in classrooms as Filipinos are friendly and helping in nature.
Hostel & Accommodation Facilities
The accommodation facilities at UV Gullas College of Medicine are as follows:
- Gullas College of Medicine provides separate on campus accommodation for both women and men students and offers them full range of facilities.
- UV Gullas College of Medicine has a modern hostel for the students within the campus itself.
- The hostel provides 24 hour security, to ensure the safety of students.
- The hostel provides 24 hour security, to ensure the safety of students.
- Indian food is also provided at the hostels to ensure that the visiting majority of the Indian students feel at home.
- On campus and off campus wi-fi facility is provided to the students at the hostels.
- The hostel has a parking area for vehicles.
- UV Gullas hostel is highly secured with CCTV camera and strict discipline is followed for International students at the hostels.
- The hostel has all the basic facilities that International students require to have comfortable stay.
- At the hostels, there is a separate study area for boys and girls well maintained for students to prepare for their exams and assignments.
Cost of Living at Cebu
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.30 – Rs.510|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1752 – Rs.1800|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.12 – 14|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.590|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Cost between Rs.17,500 – Rs.20,000|
About Cebu City
- Cebu is the second city of the Philippines and capital of the province of Cebu.
- The city has a total population of 28,49,213 as per the 2015 census.
- Cebu city is surrounded by Mandaue and Consolacion in the northeast, Toledo, the towns of Balamban and Asturias in the west, Talisay City and the town of Minglanilla in the south.
- People in Cebu city speak Cebuano as their native language. However, it is easy to find someone who can speak with you in English in the city.
- Cebu city’s majority of the population are Roman Catholic and were known to be Protestant.
- Cebu city has a tropical climate. The average temperature of Cebu city is 27.5 °C.
- Foreign Student
- Total Intake
- Download Url Click
Gullas College of Medicine – MBBS Fee Structure 2022
The fee structure for Gullas College of Medicine for MBBS program is:
|Year||16-months||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||4,13,194 Pesos
|Total Fees(approx.)||Rs.6.05 Lacs||Rs.2.60 Lacs||Rs.2.60 Lacs||Rs.2.60 Lacs||Rs.2.60 Lacs|
- 1 Philippines Peso = Rs.1.44
- One time expenses (Registration charges), food charges, etc. can be extra up to Rs.70,000/- (or more approximately).
- The fees mentioned here are approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
Eligibility Criteria: Studying MBBS at Gullas College of Medicine
Below given is the eligibility criteria for studying MBBS at UV Gullas College of Medicine:
- Students should have more than 50% marks in chemistry, biology, or botany and zoology and physics for the 12th grade.
- Students must have passed NEET so that they can practice in India to pursue MBBS in the Philippines.
- Students must have 17 years of age completed as of December 31 of the year in which the admission is being taken.
Admission Process for MBBS Course
The admission process for MBBS course at UV Gullas College of Medicine is mentioned below:
Step 1: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 2: Attach the documents given below:
- – Scanned copy of marksheet of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education
- – Results of NEET (Score card)
- – Scanned copy of your Passport
Step 3: After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
Step 4: As soon as your visa invitation will be ready, the university will mail you your visa invitation.
Step 5: Stamp your visa in the Embassy, once you receive the visa invitation.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission
Following documents are required for MBBS admission into UV Gullas College of Medicine:
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Undergraduate, and Graduate certificates (if any)
- Certificate of Graduation
- NEET Marksheet copy
- Birth Certificate (original or certified true copy)
- Two Recommendation Letters
- 2” x 2” photo – 2 in no.
- Duly filled application form (online or onsite)
- Passport (original copy)
- Income proof of parents or guardian
- Student VISA
- Student permit
- The qualifying certificate for English proficiency test administered by the Aguinaldo International Language Institute.