GUBKIN RUSSIAN STATE UNIVERSITY OF OIL AND GAS
Home > GUBKIN RUSSIAN STATE UNIVERSITY OF OIL AND GAS
The Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas is a university in Moscow. The university was founded on 17 April 1930 and is named after the geologist Ivan Gubkin.
The University has been training students since 1930, international students from foreign countries were initially enrolled in 1947. Now over 5000 international graduates are employed in 114 countries around the globe.
Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas, Russia’s principal higher educational institution of petroleum engineering celebrated its 80th anniversary in April 2010. Established on the base of the Faculty of Petroleum at the Moscow Mining Academy, Gubkin University follows the best traditions of the national higher education system. During the last seventy years, the University has developed a wide research capacity, which has led to the development of many new methods of exploration, production, transportation, refining and processing of hydrocarbons.
Gubkin had trained over 70 000 diploma engineers, candidates and doctors of science, many of whom are presently top executives of oil and gas companies. The University is proud of its alumni who are working in the petroleum majors of Russia.
Today Gubkin’s total enrolment accounts for 7,000 students with a faculty of 200 professors, doctors of science and about 600 assistant professors and candidates of science.
The University has an urban campus in the European tradition with a rich library, Cultural Center, athletic facilities, Rehabilitation Center, numerous cafeterias, Recreation Center and Physical Education Summer School. Students have ample opportunities and resources for learning. They may also become involved with quite a few social and academic clubs at the Campus.
Each year many of Gubkin’s students, staff and faculty enjoy a good vacation at one of the University’s holiday homes on the bank of the Kolomno lake in Tver region, in the North Caucasus, or at the Sports Center on the bank of the Volga river.